Twenty-Four Hour Availability
There are many instances in which language barriers can create serious problems. Whether a client is attending an immigration hearing or an appointment with a social worker, doctor or lawyer, our interpreters can ensure clear communication between the parties.
Since 1993, our cultural interpreters have offered prompt, professional services both on-site and by telephone. More recently, our interpretation services have expanded to include video interpreting for clients in other cities or in remote areas who still want the added benefit of being able to see the interpreter. Our network of more than 160 language specialists provides spoken communication facilitation between languages around the clock every day, all year.
Sometimes the cultural issues surrounding communication styles can impede mutual understanding. This can lead to a serious breakdown in the interpretation process.
To prevent or resolve this sort of problem, our interpreters not only provide linguistically accurate interpretation. When needed or requested, our interpreters can also explain the cultural nuances that underlie communications.
What You Can Expect From Your Interpreter
Interpreting is a highly specialized skill that demands bilingual fluency and the ability to process information quickly and relay messages accurately. Interpreters must convey the communicants' messages without embellishment or omission. When you work with a CISOC interpreter, you can be assured of the following:
- Accuracy: Your interpreter will not add or omit information or offer opinions or advice
- Clarity: Your interpreter will express messages clearly and concisely in both languages
- Confidentiality: Your interpreter will not discuss the content of the interpretation outside the scope of the meeting
- Objectivity: Your interpreter will remain impartial and objective at all times
- Professionalism: Your interpreter will conduct him/herself in a respectful, courteous and professional manner
- Cultural Interpretation: Your interpreter will, where requested, clarify concepts pertaining to cultural issues
Book An Interpreter
To book an interpreter for an immediate or urgent need, contact us at 613-237-0502 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday; or during off hours at 613-261-7834.
Please contact us.
CISOC's extensive network of interpreters provides services in over 60 languages and dialects. Click on the languages below to learn more about their geographic distributions.
- Central Africa Swahili
- East Africa Swahili
- Haitian Creole